Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daughter's First Date. FML.



This blog post is for all the parents.


My daughter is 10 years old (11 in August). She's beautiful, tall for her age, blonde, brown eyes and tan all year long. I've always been secretly jealous of her tan but whatever. My point is, she's a very pretty girl and does not look her age. I've always been scared to death of the day she starts dating.


Well folks, I think that day is here! The darling daddy, kids and I were at a birthday party for a friend last night.. having a wonderful time. I was surrounded by TONS of adults (FINALLY! I can talk to someone about something besides the Backyardigans!) and already had a few beers in me. Daddy had several too and the kids (all 50 of them) had an entire FARM to run and play on. Quite possibly the perfect night.


Then my phone rang. The caller was a little boy named Jordan, 10 years old, wanting to know if he could take my daughter out to dinner! I was so shocked, I put her dad on the phone to talk to the kid. DAD SAID YES! WTF??? He had the whole "What are your intentions?" conversation with the poor kid and in the end, gave his permission!


                                         Is this what's coming for my baby??


Granted, the boys mother Leanne is going to be there, a couple tables away, quietly supervising.. but I am still.freaking.out. My baby girl.. dating (sorta). Now, this is the first time I've heard about this little boy having designs on my daughter, but apparently its been going on for awhile. Apparently he's been asking her to sit with him at lunch everyday at school! And she thinks he likes her because she got a pretty new hair cut on Monday. Ughhhh!


Now, I know its just two little kids having a bite to eat. I know there will be adult supervision. I KNOW they are only 10 and hopefully DEAR GOD I HOPE sex, kissing, touching, wtf ever is NOT on their minds yet.. but I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Is this just the beginning? Will they go on more "dates"? Will he break her sweet, sensitive little heart?!  I'm so not ready for this shit. 


                                         I think I need a drink. Or three...

1 comment:

  1. 10????? Oh crap....mine is 10...11 in September...I had not even given a thought to her dating anytime this century....I need a drink, a valium, padlocks, chastity belt....oh my.
    I can't imagine the stuff going thru your mind....good luck and keep us posted on the date :)

    ReplyDelete